(Warning: lots of pictures ahead)
The highlight of our LET’S SEE IF WE COULD PULL THIS EUROTRIP OFF 2016 trip — Greece.
(In case you haven’t noticed yet, I’m a shitty traveller. Like 90% of the time, I only know the country where I’m at. I usually don’t have any idea about our itinerary. So please bear with me with all the stuff I’m gonna post about Greece 🤷🏻♀️)
After our short stay in Germany, we flew straight to Greece. We arrived in Athens at around 10PM and had to sleep right after settling in because we’re visiting Santorini (!!!) the next day at 7am. SEVEN. IN. THE. MORNING. And we had to wake up at 5AM. I HATE EVERYONE.
Don’t mention Germany to me. EVER. Just kidding.
We missed our train to Germany and my wallet was not happy about it. We had to buy tickets again, obviously and those tickets were so expensive I could have bought myself a brand new YSL wallet.
We stayed at Frankfurt and had a day trip to Heidelberg. Our first stop in Heidelberg was the castle that was built in 1214. Fun fact: the castle has this arch which, according to our tour guide, was erected overnight. It was a surprise birthday gift from Elector Frederic V to his wife Elisabeth Stuart. MORAL OF THE STORY: GET YOU A GUY WHO CAN BUILD YOU AN ARCH OVERNIGHT. Hahaha! After visiting the castle, we went around the old town which was very beautiful. It felt like we were in a movie.
We can collectively agree that 2016 wasn’t that nice. I mean, we have that president, most of the people on the internet *COUGHS LOUDLY* believe false news, Trump is the president of the United States, One Direction are still on their break etc etc.
But looking back, I realised that 2016 was alright in my books. It was literally the go with the flow year – a number of unplanned things happened. When 2016 started, I didn’t know I’ll be in Greece or London or I’ll be handling a fucking big client. Life is full of surprises sometimes, innit?
Here are some of the good things that happened in 2016:
1. Being able to travel anytime I want. I have visited seven (eight, if you count the layover in Qatar!) this year and I actually managed to go outside Asia!
- Japan trip with the Melewi team and experiencing my first snow (-20 degrees, y’all. It’s fun… sometimes)
- Annual South Korea trip with Ms Steph. South Korea will always be in my heart just like how Harry is always in Louis’ heart <3
- Paris, Germany, and Greece (I’ll do a post about Greece, I swear! Please wait for it.)
- Taiwan trip
- London, UK. YOU, GUYS! I’ve always wanted to go to London (duh, One Direction) and I still cannot believe it happened this year. SOMEBODY PLEASE PINCH ME THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. (I’ll do a post about this too!)