Hi, I’m still alive. I haven’t found the time to update my blog but anyway, life updaaaate:
- I saw Coldplay in April.
- I saw The Maine in June! God, did I miss them!
- I was in Singapore, Vietnam, and Taiwan these past three months.
- I road managed LANY and Phoenix, no big deal – it’s cool, I’m cool, everyone’s cool. (lol who am I kidding, it’s Phoenix I’M ACTUALLY CRYING)
- I’m gonna be in Cambodia in September and Korea in November.
- I’ll be seeing Harry in November in Singapore.
- I also bought a land because apparently I’m an adult now???
- I learned that ghosting is real. People move on from people.
- Did I mention I road managed Phoenix? I will talk about that for the rest of the year or probably my life.
- I STILL FUCKING MISS ONE DIRECTION.
I promise to blog about my London trip and post some Coldplay, Wanderland, LANY, and Phoenix pictures. LOVE YOU ALL BYEEEE
Hi, I’m back!!! I know I promised that I will update you guys about Athens but alas, life happened and I got extremely busy with work. I’m being a responsible adult, you know? Bills to pay, concert tickets to buy… you know the drill.
Soooo Athens. I’ll be honest, I can’t remember what we did in Athens (see, bad traveller!) We went to Acropolis of Athens and a really cool bar and that’s about it…. that’s what I remember. Please never allow me to be a travel blogger.
Acropolis is a citadel located above the city of Athens. It’s a World Heritage Site and it felt weird being there, you know? It’s like ‘Wow, shit went down here’ kind of place. I was reading about it and found out that the first fortification wall was built in the 13th Century BC. BC. What the fuck. I sound so dumb right now. Of course, I knew that it has been around for a very long time but knowing and realising are two different things, OKAY!!! It’s like once you’re there, you get to appreciate that fact. It also felt like everything I read about Greek mythology just came to life.
(Warning: lots of pictures ahead)
The highlight of our LET’S SEE IF WE COULD PULL THIS EUROTRIP OFF 2016 trip — Greece.
(In case you haven’t noticed yet, I’m a shitty traveller. Like 90% of the time, I only know the country where I’m at. I usually don’t have any idea about our itinerary. So please bear with me with all the stuff I’m gonna post about Greece 🤷🏻♀️)
After our short stay in Germany, we flew straight to Greece. We arrived in Athens at 10PM and had to sleep right away after settling in cause we’re traveling to Santorini (!!!) the next day at 7. SEVEN. IN. THE. MORNING. We had to wake up at 5AM. I HATE EVERYONE.
We missed our train to Germany and my wallet was definitely not happy about it. We had to buy tickets again and those tickets were so expensive I could have bought myself a brand new YSL wallet.
We stayed at Frankfurt and had a day trip to Heidelberg. Our first stop in Heidelberg was the castle that was built in 1214. Fun fact: the castle has this arch which, according to our tour guide, was erected overnight. It was a surprise birthday gift from Elector Frederic V to his wife Elisabeth Stuart. MORAL OF THE STORY: GET YOU A GUY WHO CAN BUILD YOU AN ARCH OVERNIGHT. After visiting the castle, we went around the old town which was very beautiful. It felt like we were in a movie.
We can collectively agree that 2016 wasn’t that nice. I mean, we have that president, people on the internet believe false news, Trump is the president of the United States, One Direction are still on their break etc etc.
But looking back, I realised that 2016 was alright in my books. It was literally the go with the flow year – a number of unplanned things happened. When 2016 started, I didn’t know I’ll be in Greece or London or I’ll be handling a fucking big client. Life is full of surprises sometimes, right?
Here are some of the good things that happened in 2016:
1. Being able to travel anytime I want. I have visited seven (eight, if you count the layover in Qatar!) this year and I actually managed to go outside Asia!
- Japan trip with the Melewi team and experiencing my first snow (-20 degrees, y’all. It’s fun… sometimes)
- Annual South Korea trip with Ms Steph. South Korea will always be in my heart just like how Harry is always in Louis’ heart <3
- Paris, Germany, and Greece (I’ll do a post about Greece, I swear! Please wait for it.)
- Taiwan trip
- London, UK. YOU, GUYS! I’ve always wanted to go to London (duh, One Direction) and I still cannot believe it happened this year. SOMEBODY PLEASE PINCH ME THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. (I’ll do a post about this too!)