Archive for the 'mary' Category
Two years ago, I decided that commuting and being stuck in a cubicle in front of a blinking computer is not the life that I wanted (Well, who actually wants that?), so I quit my first job.
I took a breather for a year, and after I decided to get my life together – joined Melewi.
It turned out that working anywhere other than a confined space in an office is one of the best things life could offer. With remote working, the world is your office. I traded cab rides for plane rides, a cubicle for a table by the beach, and meeting in board rooms to having a conference by the poolside.
(This post is pretty long. Consider this as a warning. It is also about One Direction so if you don’t like them, HAHAHA I DON’T REALLY CARE!)
At a hostel somewhere in Central Jakarta, we met a Dutch girl named Amanda. Chester, Sherica, and I learned that she’s currently traveling Asia and just made a detour in Jakarta. She asked us why were we in Indonesia of all places in the world. We were not very keen to tell her why but eventually we did. We told her we’re in Jakarta for One Direction. “Why were you so embarrassed about it? If you love something, be proud of it,” she told us. I told her that I’m not really embarrassed about it, it’s just that some people are so quick to judge cause it’s 1D. 🤷🏻♀️
Okay, what I’m really trying to say is that I absolutely love One Direction that I hopped on four planes, checked-in at different hotels, got myself wasted (and I don’t even drink hah), found myself at some sketchy roads and basements, etc etc just to see them. I think I did something illegal along the way but, that’s something you don’t really need to know.
It’s 10AM and I should probably get back to work and fix my life (WOAH HELLO THERE REALITY I SEE YOU AND I DON’T LIKE YOU) but as always, I’m prolonging the inevitable. So here I am doing this shit that should be done in 2015 cause I like creating lists and I’d rather do this than get back to work thank you very much.
Okay, this is a list (yet again) that I want to accomplish this year. Want vs need cause need is well, NEED. And I’m not really good at keeping up with things… and that’s something I need (well, there’s the word again) to work on.
1. Watch at least 50 movies this year (I tried doing 100 for the past two years. 50 seems to be more believable and possible)
2. Get my knowledge about UI UX design and Startups a notch higher.
3. Take online courses on web development and be really really really good at it. I NEED TO WORK ON THIS.
4. Learn how to swim and go diving!!! I got excited when I saw Mel do her dive when we were in Bali and when she showed me pictures. I was like yeah, I wanna do that. AND I DEFINITELY NEED TO WORK ON THE DON’T DROWN PART.
5. Save money so I can bring my siblings and mom abroad.
6. Travel Europe (OCTOBER, hopefully!)
7. Meet One Direction. This is the constant thing on my list since 2011. Real talk, is this too much to ask?
8. Learn to let go of people.
9. Eat healthy. Be healthy.
10. Learn how not to give a fuck (cause sometimes I still do) and just be happy. “Do you know what, just do you.” – H.
There. Might add some more along the way but I think this is enough for now. Here’s to me wishing I can do all of these. GO ME.
PS. Can you check up on me once in a while, yeah? Like email me… hey Mary, how are you doing with your list? Anything you have accomplished, you little shit? Woah slow down, don’t be that rude though hahaha!